Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A theater is one of the permanent locations where AKB48 or a sister group perform almost everyday. Each of the current 48 groups has its own theater at a separate location. Performances at the theater are almost always a set of songs called a stage, which can be original or a revival of a previous stage. The teams in a group often perform separate stages simultaneously. There are currently four theaters in various regions of Japan, and two outside of Japan. Staff member Kayano Shinobu is the general manager of all the theaters.
- Location: Don Quijote Store, Akihabara
- City: Tokyo
- Capacity: 250 people
- Debut performance: December 8, 2005
- Stage manager: Yuasa Hiroshi
- Website: AKB48 Official Website
- Location: Sunshine Sakae Building, Sakae
- City: Nagoya
- Capacity: 299 people
- Debut performance: October 5, 2008
- Stage manager: Shiba Tomoya
- Website: SKE48 Official Website
- Location: Yes-Namba Building, Namba
- City: Osaka
- Capacity: 233 people
- Debut performance: January 1, 2011
- Stage manager: Kaneko Takeshi
- Website: NMB48 Official Website
- Location: Nishitetsu Hall, Hakata
- City: Fukuoka
- Capacity: 286
- Debut performance: April 28, 2016
- Stage manager: Ozaki Mitsuru, Sashihara Rino
- Website: HKT48 Official Website
- Location: Lovela 2, Niigata
- City: Niigata
- Capacity: 295
- Debut performance: January 10, 2016
- Stage manager: Imamura Etsuro
- Website: NGT48 Offical Website
- Jakarta Main Theater
- Surabaya Theater
- Location: Star Dream Theater, Hongkou
- City: Shanghai
- Capacity: 340 people
- Debut performance: August 30, 2013
- Stage manager: Fan Yibai
- Website: SNH48 Official Website
- The location of the theaters are used in the group names. For example, the full name of AKB48 is Akihabara48. The Tokyo district of Akihabara is the location of the AKB48 theater.
- The JKT48 theater is the first theater to be created for an international sister group of AKB48.
- Currently, the 48 group theater with the largest capacity is the SNH48 Star Dream Theater.
- The NMB48 theater is the only 48 group theater that is located underground. The location was formerly a comedy theater known as base YOSHIMOTO.
- Among the sister groups of AKB48, only SDN48 did not have their own theater. They performed in the AKB48 Theater from 2009 to 2012.
HKT48 Theater (HKT48劇場), is where HKT48 held their Theater Performances almost everyday. The HKT48 Theater is in Hakata, Fukuoka, which is the place that HKT48 is named after. The HKT48 Theater is the only 48 theater that has a permanent walkway built in. Hakata, Fukuoka Capacity - 300